Monday, April 25, 2005

Only I Can Change Him

She sat there in the corner of the room, eyes closed, soaking in the moment, drinking in the cool living water as a sister laid hands on her in prayer. (She actually felt cold refreshing water coming down inside of her.) In a moment, it was all gone -- the pain, the heartache, the trauma. "You can't change him," He said. "Only I can change him." With the surrender came peace.
Matthew 11.28 "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light" (TNIV).
We didn't expect her to come and join the fellowship that afternoon, not after a violent fight with her husband that morning. But the Lord suddenly refreshed her and she was back on her feet again. She shared her experience with the entire group, thanking some for their prayers. We all learned from her true-to-life experience.

This is the kind of miracle that's happening in the home church here.

View my other blog: PhilPay - Helping Pinoys shop online even with no credit card

No comments: